Inspirational Quote

"If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it." Jesse Jackson

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day??? Lost track of time!

Arrived in Hofn, it's Wednesday night at 9pm. Just settling into our sleeping quarters which is kinda like a bed and kitchen....family home with no breakfast included. Just a room with a double bed! Should be an interesting sleep considering my travel partner snores. So far our adventure has reminded me a lot of the movie " Planes, trains and automobiles with John Candy.  Not a dull moment with Nyree my travel partner! We rented a 4x4 Kia and we set off on our own little adventure travelling the island. Today, has been by far, the most spectacular! I have seen places, I have only dreamed of. Iceland is so vast and has so many different landscapes. From lunar views, to mountains, volcanoes, incredible waterfalls and even icebergs!
For dinner, we ate a a local restaurant in Hofn, on the pier. I had Icelandic lobster...it was delicious! For lunch, lamb sandwich....OH so good! I love this Country and feel so lucky to be here! I want to share pictures but having difficulties with wifi downloads at this time. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment