Inspirational Quote

"If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it." Jesse Jackson

Thursday, August 16, 2012

REYKJAVIK, Arrival-DAY 1

Jru!st landed at Keflavic Airport
Guess what? We're in Iceland....said Nyree as our plane was nearing the runway. My face lit up and I had a permanent smile. Although I hadn't slept a wink on the flight from Washington to Iceland, my adrenaline must have kicked in because I suddenly had a burst of energy.
 We arrived at Keflavic at 8am and made our way to our hotel in Reykjavik....approx. 45min drive.  Upon arrival we had some time to spare prior to our Welcome breakfast.  Starving and suddenly feeling myblack of sleep, we walked to a nearby coffee shop for an espresso and pastry.  On our way, we were startled by the loud planes flying out of the Reykjavik airport!  I couldn't believe how close they were flying above our heads....every 10 to 15 minutes, another plane would fly above us....it was spectacular!















No comments:

Post a Comment